When you want to be slim and get rid of excess weight you are expected to reduce your food consumption and increase your physical activity launching regular exercise program. In addition to the healthy habits you can take weight loss pills known also as “diet pills”. Everybody can buy for example xenical online and administer it in accordance with the instruction. Though prior to starting one should consult with a physician as to overweight caused by any health condition. The specialists say that these medications are not a magic bullet so the diet and exercising are the things that must accompany.
Who can use these drugs?
You should remember that medical weight loss pills are not good for everyone to the same extent. They are highly recommended to people who suffer from obesity. And this condition is characterized by a body mass index of 30 or higher. If your BMI is of 27 or higher, you can take these drugs in the case when these extra pounds cause certain health conditions like heart disease.
The patient should monitor his weight on a regular basis. There is a recommendation that per week a patient should lose one to two pounds of weight safely. If after 3 months of intake there is no loss of at least 5 percent of the initial parameter, he should refuse the drugs. Unfortunately there is a risk in any pharmacologic therapy that is why it should be used only if the risk pays off. During pregnancy the weight loss drugs must not be taken.
What drugs are available?
Let’s consider those five medications, which are approved for the long-term treatment of obesity.
- Orlistat is one of the first remedies for obesity. Now it can be purchased on prescription and over-the-counter. Its well-known brand version is Xenical and generic one is Alli. It should be taken together with low-calorie diet. Being a lipase inhibitor it prevents the action of a pancreatic enzyme that we know as lipase destroying the fat. It should be administered with each meal when it can prevent the absorption of the fat in the food. There are some side effects like gassiness and other changes in bowel. The liver should be watched during intake. If one can notice the skin or eyes get yellow or urine turns brown, he should refuse the drug and turn to a physician.
- Lorcaserin follows Orlistat and influences on serotonin receptors in the brain telling a person that he is satiated. Thus a man eats less and loses weight. It must be also combined with exercise and diet. It is not allowed to use other drugs affecting serotonin receptors together with Lorcaserin like inhibitors treating depression. Among side effects there are headache and drowsiness.
- Qsymia is a drug combination of phentermine and topiramate, where phentermine decreases appetite and topiramate both decreases appetite and causes feelings of fullness. It is not recommended for women of childbearing age because it can cause a birth defect if the pregnancy occurs during the intake. Besides, there is a very unpleasant side effect like suicidal thoughts.
- Raspberry Ketone Plus is considered as one of the best weight loss pills for women. It contains natural ingredients increasing production of the particular protein called adiponectin that provide with lipolysis the process of burning out the excess of fat in the cells.
- The best weight loss pills for men can be Hydroxycut. It includes caffeine, a few plant extracts and other helpful ingredients.
To find out more read here https://authoritynutrition.com/.